I have been using quicken for many years. At times it has had some issues but they have been resolved. But it has been a while since i have had any problems. I just went to the new quicken which is now the subscription model so it really is not a version per se. If you want a good product you have to pay for it. It works and does what is expected. The subscription model will hopefully provided adequate funding and resources to maintain a good product which is the bottom line. The new model basically is equivalent to an annual purchase. People are used to paying once and continuing to get upgrades for free (so was i). As long as they address problems and keep the product secure i can accept the new model.
I am not noticing any ‘great’ improvements over the 2016 product. In fact, i’m having some trouble with the free billpay and may abandon it completely and just pay all bills from my bank website, like i do already. Now, i know i will be paying an annual fee for the product. Time will tell how i like that.
Quicken does the heavy lifting to simplify my life. It allows tracking income and expenses, it pays my bills electronically, and it produces reports that my cpa uses to file my tax returns. Quicken has made many mundane tasks actually seem enjoyable. I like the new feature that queries each vendor as to what i currently owe, which is a great time saver. It is now possible to download statements from some vendors. This is limited to the current statement but hopefully quicken can expand its capabilities. The update process to the 2018 version was painless, both on my primary system and on my backup system. The screen prompts were useful and helpful, not confusing as they have been in the past, and everything just worked. Over the past year or two the number of bugs seems to have decreased and tech support is actually available. Last summer i had a serious problem that was corrected by phone relatively easily within 15-20 minutes, at no cost. Here are the specifications for the Quicken Home & Business 2018 – 27-Month Personal Finance & Budgeting Software [PC Box] – Amazon Exclusive:
- See everything in one place. Connect to over 14,000 financial institutions and download all your business and personal banking and credit card transactions and balances
- See where your money goes. It is not just balances, your transactions are auto categorized. You see a breakdown of your spending instantly just by connecting your accounts-no manual entry required
- Tools for your business. Track expenses and income, create email invoices. Instantly generate PnL, cash flow, and tax reports. Rental property owners track rents, property values, and rental expenses
- Manage your investments. Connect all your brokerages for a complete view of your portfolio, allocation and performance. Better understand your mutual fund holdings with Morning stars Portfolio X-ray
- Amazon Exclusive Features: Additional 3 months of Quicken (total of 27 months), and an additional 15GB of online backup with Dropbox (total of 20 GB). Quicken Bill Pay and priority support included!.256-bit encryption security
Reviews from purchasers :
- A Good Product that is Working, Conversion from 2016 version appears hassle free
- like I do already
- Still a winner after many years